Survey Junkie Review
Survey Junkie is one of those reputable survey companies where you get paid to take surveys.
So, right off the bat, if you’re wondering whether Survey Junkie is safe, then the answer is a resounding “Yes.”
Not only is Survey Junkie legit, it also provides a great way for anyone to make quick money.
Survey Junkie pays an average of $1 to $3 per survey. And it only takes you between 5 to 20 minutes to complete a survey.
So, after a quick math, you can make up to $45 in 20 minutes by taking surveys.
One drawback to Survey Junkie is that you need to accumulate $10 in order to cash out.
That should not be a problem, however, considering how fast you can make that $10.
In this Survey Junkie review, I’ll go over first what makes the company safe and legit.
Second, this review will address Survey Junkie’s several aspects, including whether it’s worth it.
Is Survey Junkie Safe and Legit?
As mentioned earlier, “yes” Survey Junkie is a legit and safe survey company.
It will do just as it advertises on its website, that is take surveys and get paid.
I can understand why you might be concerned of the legitimacy of any survey company out there. In fact, there are several survey sites that are scams.
Indeed, a survey site can look genuine, but in reality it turns out to be a scam.
But I want to assure you that Survey Junkie is not a scam; it’s completely safe and a legitimate survey site to make extra cash.
If you’re still not convinced whether Survey Junkie is a legit and safe company, here are two simple ways to find out:
- Check Survey Junkie reviews by customers. A quick way to determine the legitimacy and safety of Survey Junkie is to check out one of the consumers reviews website.
- Reviews of past users of the company can tell you a lot about their experiences.
- Consumer reviews platforms like Trustpilot has the opinion of several customers and they provide an unfiltered view of Survey Junkie’s reliability and overall trustworthiness. In fact, Survey Junkie receives a rating of 4.5 based on over 14,000 customer reviews.
- For example, based on a review by a customer “awesome surveys that really pay.” Another says: “a great way to make money when you’re bored.” Another one says about survey junkie: “pretty legit, surveys are interesting and real, no scams, gain points, and earn money.”
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to determine Survey Junkie’s legitimacy and safety. Another way to know for sure if survey Junkie is legit and safe is to check its BBB rating. The BBB can provide customers with useful information about any company, including Survey Junkie.
- The BBB assigns business ratings from A+ to F. A search for Survey Junkie’s BBB rating shows that it has an A+ BBB rating. A BBB rating of A+ is the highest rating you can get. So if Survey Junkie has an A+ rating, you know it’s legit.
- Perform a simple Google search. A Google search of “is Survey Junkie safe?” or “is Survey Junkie legit,” you will notice that there are several affiliate marketers vouching for the company. So, that should tell you that Survey Junkie is safe and legit and there is nothing to worry about.
What is Survey Junkie?
Launched in 2005, Survey Junkie is an online community that allows you to create a profile to get matching surveys created by market research companies.
You take those surveys by providing your opinions on the companies’ products and services. Those companies then use that feedback to improve their products.
You take these surveys online anywhere on any device. Survey Junkie also has an app, if you want to take surveys on the go.
They have an online community with over 10 million members.
Want to make money online taking surveys? You want to be an influencer? Want to share your opinions to help companies improve their products? Then start taking surveys and getting paid now.
How does Survey Junkie work?
Survey Junkie works in 3 ways: 1) Take surveys: after you build your profile, you take the surveys. 2) Earn rewards: after you complete your surveys, you earn rewards in the form of points. 3) Get paid: you can redeem your points for cash via PayPal or by gift cards. I will explain each in much detail below.
1) Take surveys after completing your profile
Before you start taking surveys, you will need to create your profile first. Creating your profile with Survey Junkie is easy and does not take that long.
You will need to provide your basic information such as your name, your email, your address, your age and gender.
Other information you will provide is about yourself and your household, including household income, education, etc.
This information is important for Survey Junkie so they know which surveys you are qualified for.
Once you’ve set up your account, they will start sending you surveys to take.
Note that you will earn 25 points just to sign up. And when you fill out your profile, you’ll earn an additional 50 points.
You can take start taking those surveys either by going to the dashboard on their website or by clicking to the links for those surveys that they will send you via emails.
Taking surveys with Survey Junkie is different than other survey sites. They don’t ask you general questions.
The questions are specific and ask for genuine opinions about a product or service.
Before you starting taking the surveys, you should be able to see how much each survey is worth. It’s usually between 10 to 200 points.
Each survey can take you up to 20 minutes to complete.
2) How much money can you make on Survey Junkie?
Just as any survey sites, you won’t be rich taking surveys.
In fact, the website has even disclosed that you won’t get rich.
So, how much can you make with Survey Junkie?
The payout for each survey is different. The longer the survey, the more money you should expect to make.
But the average pay for the survey is between $1 to $3, which is good comparing to other survey sites.
Also, the more surveys you get invited to do, the more money you will make.
But one main complaint about Survey Junkie is that there are not too many surveys. This is common for all survey sites out there.
But it’s not uncommon to get invited to 2 to 3 surveys a week. So you can easily make $24 a month if you get invited to complete 2 a week.
While $24 is not a lot, but it’s easy money considering that you only spend a couple minutes answering these surveys.
How do I get paid?
With Survey Junkie, you get paid by points. One point equals one cent.
The surveys are usually between 20 to 200 points. As soon as you complete the surveys, they’ll award you the points instantly.
That’s one of the things that sets Survey Junkie apart from other survey sites as other sites don’t reward you points right away.
Once you’ve reached 1000 points, or which equals $10, you’re able to redeem the survey points for cash via PayPal or gift cards.
Some of the gift cards they offer are from Amazon or Starbucks.
One thing to keep in mind is that your points will never expire as long as you have an active account. To keep your account active, just take one survey at least once every 12 months.
Advantages and disadvantages
- $1 – $3 average earnings per survey;
- Takes 5 to 20 minutes to complete a survey;
- Get points when you sign up and when you fill out your profile;
- A+ rating with BBB;
- Redeem points for cash or gift cards.
- $10 minimum (or 1000 points) needed before you can redeem;
- Only residents from the US, Canada and Australia are eligible to participate;
- Not enough surveys.
Is Survey Junkie worth it?
Now that you have learned a lot about the company, is Survey Junkie worth it?
As mentioned earlier, yes you can make extra cash with Survey Junkie, but it won’t make you a fortune.
But what it can do is making you some extra dollar in your pocket.
If you on the train or the bus on your way to work, you can kill time by taking surveys.
But if you’re really looking to make money online, there are several other ways to do so. And taking surveys with Survey Junkie is one of them.
But taking surveys alone will not make you reach. You will not achieve financial independence doing this. It’s just one way to make some quick, extra cash.
And it’s a good way to express your opinion about a particular product and service. And those companies appreciate your input.
In addition to Survey Junkie, here are some other survey sites to make some quick cash:
A) Swagbucks – $0.40 – $2 per survey: Not only can you make money answering surveys, you also make money searching the web, watch TV, playing games and shopping for cash back. In addition to the money from completing the survey, you also earn a $ 5 bonus.
B) MyPoints – $2.50 per survey: MyPoints allow you to earn gift cards for answering surveys, taking polls, watching videos online, etc. In addition to the money from completing the survey, you also earn a $ 5 bonus after your first five surveys.
In conclusion, I hope this Survey Junkie review teaches you something about the company. More importantly, I hope it answers your question whether it is safe and legit. But remember again, don’t expect to make a lot of money with Survey Junkie. It’s just a quick way to make some extra cash. That extra cash can come in handy for morning coffees.
So if you’re interested in sharing your opinions and earn some quick cash, sign up now with Survey Junkie.
Work with the Right Financial Advisor
You can talk to a financial advisor who can review your finances and help you reach your goals (whether it is making more money, paying off debt, investing, buying a house, planning for retirement, saving, etc). Find one who meets your needs with SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service. You answer a few questions and they match you with up to three financial advisors in your area. So, if you want help developing a plan to reach your financial goals, get started now.