You’ve probably heard of Credit Sesame before, either on TV, online, or through friends. But is Credit Sesame legit?
Is it safe like it is advertised to be? Can I trust Credit Sesame with my sensitive and personal information?
To put your mind at ease, the answer is a resounding “Yes,” Credit Sesame is a legitimate free website that provides you with a free credit score and free credit report.
It also monitors your credit score and alerts you of any suspicious problems with your credit report.
Moreover, there are several ways to check if Credit Sesame is indeed legit.
Resources such as, consumer reviews about the company, is an effective way to know if Credit Sesame is a legitimate and trustworthy company.
What is Credit Sesame? Is It Legit?
Before answering the question “is Credit Sesame legit?,” you need to know first what Credit Sesame is.
Credit Sesame is one of the top credit monitoring services out there. Their main competitors are Credit Karma, Quizzle, and Wallethub.
Credit Sesame offers a free credit score and credit report, without needing your credit cards. In fact, you don’t ever have to use your credit card to join.
All you need to enter is your social security number. There is no commitment. there is no trial.
While other credit monitoring services charge anywhere from $15 to $20 a month for their services, Credit Sesame is totally free.
In addition to providing you with a free credit score, Credit Sesame also offers a free credit monitoring service and a free identity fraud protection service.
The identity fraud protection service is one of the things that I really like about Credit Sesame. It allows you to take immediate action in case someone has stolen your identity.
So, in case you were wondering if Credit Sesame is a legit, safe and trustworthy company, the answer is a resounding “yes.”
Credit Sesame is legit.
4 Ways to Decide if Credit Sesame is Legit
If you’re still not convincing if Credit Sesame is a legit company, here are 4 ways to tell.
1. Read consumer reviews about Credit Sesame.
Part of your inquiry “is Credit Sesame legit” should include reading reviews of people about their experience with the company.
These consumer reviews can be a great help to determine if indeed Credit Sesame is legit.
But keep in mind that happy customers rarely leave reviews. It’s usually angry customers. So, have an open mind when reading these reviews.
2. Check the Credit Sesame’s website
Another way to know if Credit Sesame is legit is to review its website. A company may appear legitimate, but its website can say otherwise.
Here are a few things to consider to know if Credit Sesame is legit:
- Is the Credit Sesame’s website itself safe? One way to judge whether a website is safe is to check and see if it has that green padlock in the address bar. A green padlock means that the information you’re about to share, i.e., passwords, personal information, social security numbers are secure. A look at Credit Sesame’s website shows that it has a green padlock. So we can rest assured that our personal data is protected with Credit Sesame.
- How long have they been in business? The length Credit Sesame has been operating is another sign that it is legit. Credit Sesame has been in business since 2010. So, that’s a sign that they are a legitimate company.
- Do they provide customer support? Yes, Credit Sesame has a help center you can visit to have your questions answered. In addition, they provide several email addresses to reach them. For example, if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your credit, you can send them an email immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have feedback for them, you can contact them at email@example.com.
3. Does Credit Sesame have a physical location?
A company with a physical location is a sign that they are not a scam. Credit Sesame list two physical addresses on their website:
1) 444 Castro St, 500, Mountain View, CA 94041; 2) 100 Montgomery St., Ste 2500, San Francisco, CA 94104. This can lead you to believe that Credit Sesame is legit.
4. Check the Credit Sesame’s BBB rating.
Another way to know for certain that Credit Sesame is legit is to see if it has a good BBB rating.
The BBB assigns business ratings from A+ to F, with an A+ rating being the highest and an F being the lowest rating.
If you go to the BBB website, you will see that Credit Sesame has an A+ BBB rating. So, if Credit Sesame has an A+ rating, you know it’s legit.
In addition, according to BBB, Credit Sesame has also been accredited since 2011.
This should lead you to believe not only is Credit Sesame legit, it’s also safe.
Is Credit Sesame legit: the bottom line
In summary, I hope the reasons mentioned above have led you to believe that Credit Sesame is legit, safe and trustworthy.
They have been in business since 2010; they are an accredited company since 2011 and they have an A+ BBB rating, the highest score you can get.
So, when yo want a free credit score and credit report, rest assured that your personal information, data, and sensitive information are protected, and free of risk and danger.
- How to Raise Your Credit Score to 850
- Credit Sesame Review
- How to Add 200 Points to Your Credit Score Fast
Work with the Right Financial Advisor
You can talk to a financial advisor who can review your finances (whether you need it to pay off debt, to invest, to buy a house, or plan for retirement, saving, etc).
Find one who meets your needs with SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service. You answer a few questions and they match you with up to three financial advisors in your area. So, if you want help developing a plan to reach your financial goals, get started now.